Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween Costumes

I know, I know...this post is coming a bit late. I have been both busy and a slacker.

This year I mainly focused on Miss Faye's costume. Owen decided to go as Superman...which Hugh had done a couple of years ago so we already had that one. Hugh decided to go as Wolverine, but not the cartoon Wolverine, the movie Wolverine. So, I hit the store and bought him a muscle shirt and the claws. Easy and done. For Miss Faye, I decided to make her a ghost. I kept seeing the tutu ghost costumes all over and I knew that would be easy and adorable so that is what I did.
The tutu skirt was easy. I just bought 2 yards of tulle and cut it into strips. I know you can buy it in the 6 inch roll but it cost more that way. The strips were just looped around a piece of ribbon. Easy and done.

 If you look closely you can see sparkles. I did splurge on one roll of glitter white tulle. I only put a few pieces in the skirt as it was really stiff and scratchy.

 For the top, I used a long sleeved white onsie that we already had in Faye's drawers. I added eyes and a mouth out of black scraps from my stash.


 I put a quick and easy running stitch around the edges in white to make it stand out.


 Here I am with Miss Faye in her costume. I didn't get very many pictures that day. I'm thinking I will dress her back up to get some better pictures. As you can see I made myself up with a sugar skull. If it had not been raining and gross I would have attempted fun clothes to finish the look.

....and here we all are, heading out to trick or treat in the rain. Don't mind that Owen does not have red bottoms on. I had them but we could not find them anywhere.

ETA...I took some pictures of Faye in her costume. She moves around so much that these were the best I could get.


No comments:

Post a Comment